Wednesday, June 14, 2017

HEALTHY PEANUT BUTTER BANANA KNOCKOFF

With me being on a strict diet and my three year old being lactose intolerant we can't have ice cream. So today I got a little creative. I cut up a large banana and froze it, then this evening I put it in my food processor with a tablespoon of peanut butter and a little bit of lactose free milk. I didn't measure the milk but it was probably a quarter of a cup or less. Surprisingly, it tasted like icecream and everyone loved it. My family is a bit picky when I try knew things. I knew you could freeze banana and do this because I'd seen it on pinterest. I've tried frozen peaches before but they hated it, saying it tasted too much like yogurt. My mom loves frozen yogurt and is a diabetic so I gave that to her but they all enjoyed this quick easy little snack. it was healthy, quick and hit the spot. My craving for something sweet has been satisfied and my son finally got to taste something similar to icecream. He loves it, but lactose free ice cream is so hard to find around here. Often I feel guilty when we get ice cream and he doesn't. Now I can fix him something special that he can eat when everyone else is eating ice cream and he won't even know the difference

No comments:

Post a Comment