Friday, February 7, 2014

Mason Jar Photo Candle

I have been searching and searching for something to make a friend of mine. She made me a beautiful monogramed glass frame for my anniversary. Well I felt really bad because, I never have the money to get her anything. I stumbled across something called a mason jar photo collage and I thought that would be perfect. The only problem is I didn't have the kind of candle it calls for so I dug out an old red candle stick and my gulf wax. I melted the wax down and dug the string out of it then poured it in a mason jar. You can use a pencil to suspend the string in the center of the jar. Just tie one end around the pencil and lay the pencil on top of the jar. Next I got on facebook and found an old wedding photo of her and her husband, downloaded it and opened it with word. You can do this by clicking insert picture. Then just choose the photo you downloaded.  Next, I clicked insert wordart and chose the one I wanted. I changed the word style to French Script. Then I used a transfer paper that is used for window decals and made just for printers. Just print it out, cut it to size, peel and stick it on the jar. If you have a cricut it might work better. I used what I had. If you go the route I went, I suggest you use a colored photo. I used a black and white and it didn't show up well. It might be because of the pink candle behind it. If you don't want to make your own candle, you can use tea candles.

No comments:

Post a Comment