Friday, January 13, 2012

Cold Weather Means Cold Pets

As the weather gets cold here in Mississippi and around the world, I hope everyone remembers to keep their animals warm too. I always throw an old blanket in my dogs box. Hay is often used but its not a good idea. My brothers dogs had some kind of bad reaction to the hay. As a result I never use it for my dogs. As for my horse, she is kept in her stall and I throw hay or straw on the floor to keep her warm. For horses that are out in the open you could put a horse blanket on them if you prefer. But hay always makes a warm bed. If its too cold to leave your dogs out don't be afraid to bring them in the house but have a cage or pet taxi for them if they're not house broke. Hay or straw makes a good warm bed for almost any other kind of animal. Don't forget to lock your chickens in the coop and put hay in the nesting box.

No comments:

Post a Comment